Jamie Dallaire on Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:52:12 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: The Plague

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 7:28 PM, Charles Schaefer
<chuckles11489@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> 2008/11/14, Jay Campbell <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>

> > This is Consultation 140, and is assigned to Priest Charles.
> >
> > http://b.nomic.net/index.php/Consultations/00140
> >

> > > I submit the following Consultation:
> > >
> > > {{Are Private Fora Game Objects?}}
> > >
> > > Arguments: They have an attribute (Private) and are defined by the
> rules.
>

> Answer: YES
> Reasoning: Rule 4E2: "Anything that exists in the game is an Object."
>
> Note that Rule 4E6 defines Fora as "any External Force that allows
> Outsiders
> to communicate" and Rule 4E3 defines an External Force as "anything which
> exists independently of the game. That is, it would still exist if the game
> stopped existing, and would still exist if the game had never started
> existing." There will be a conflict between these rules (and 4E3 would take
> precedence due to its lower number) if additional Fora are created, since
> they will not fit 4E3's definition of "independant of the game".
> Spoon-business, discussion, and notices were (to the best of my knowlege)
> created to play A Nomic, and thus would exist even if B Nomic never started
> existing.

Ok before I go making claims on this.... Does your judgment apply to private
fora in general (in which case your answer makes sense) or to the current
private fora (in which case your reasoning to me seems contradictory to your
answer).

I'm going to propose forum reform once this consultation gets sorted out.

BP