Jamie Dallaire on Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:49:24 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] contract

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 2:44 PM, Geoffrey Spear <wooble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 2:38 PM, Jamie Dallaire
> <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Plus the rule does explicitly mention Game Actions. And creating/amending
> > Rules, as far as I know, is nowhere defined as a Game Action.
>
> If it's not, the Rules are probably in a very different state than we
> think they are.
>
> "A Game Action is defined as any activity specified by the Rules that
> changes the state of the game."
>
> "When a proposal Passes, the game is changed according to the
> instructions in its Body."
>
> If Rules can't be changed by an action that changes the state of the
> game, then passed proposals can't change the rules.

OK true, you're right about that. In that case it was a game action but a
failed one. Default to j's argument, and 4e2 "Game Objects can only be
created, destroyed, or modified if allowed by the Rules, in a manner
explicitly governed by the Rules."

BP