Alex Smith on Fri, 13 Feb 2009 14:21:19 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Gamestate collapse.

On Fri, 2009-02-13 at 15:03 -0600, David E. Smith wrote:
> Depending upon precisely HOW literally one wishes to interpret this rule, it
> may well be mathematically impossible ever to pass another ballot. There
> probably have been thousands of votes cast between (whenever this was
> active) and (now), such that without some clever player-cloning scheme no
> one ballot will ever earn enough affirmative votes to overcome several years
> of inertia.
"Players may vote multiple times; the last vote on any given issue shall
be the one counted."

Not sure if that affects things... It probably rules out the
interpretation above, by implying that votes are on a particular issue.

In fact, it possibly means a proposal passes if the last vote cast for
it (by anyone) was FOR, even if previous votes were AGAINST.

We're going to have fun with this Sixth Era, I think...
--
ais523