Alex Smith on Fri, 13 Feb 2009 12:47:24 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Gamestate collapse.

On Fri, 2009-02-13 at 14:36 -0500, Craig Daniel wrote:
> Sadly, looking at the initial rules, I have discovered that it relies
> on not obeying the modern tradition of excessive literalism and that
> under modern B game custom we're not allowed to agree that any
> proposals have ever passed:
>
> "A proposal passes if, and only if, it receives a majority of
> affirmative votes." (Rule 32/0)
>
> Given that each ballot has multiple proposals, I don't think a
> majority of the affirmative votes have ever demonstrably been on a
> single validly-distributed ballot.
Did the original version of the rules have comments?

It's entirely possible that the original ruleset is still the correct
one, then. We should be able to continue play from there. And that rule
doesn't prevent proposals passing, just makes the passing condition
rather weird.
--
ais523