Craig Daniel on Fri, 13 Feb 2009 12:36:29 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Gamestate collapse.

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 2:07 PM,  <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I refuse to agree to any Emergency Forum.

The first version of the archived rules (from nweek 1, and thus known
to be the original set) doesn't have any emergency procedures, but
they appear by the time rules, rather than the ruleset, are no longer
allowed to change the ruleset, so the above works as a gamestate
collapse.

Sadly, looking at the initial rules, I have discovered that it relies
on not obeying the modern tradition of excessive literalism and that
under modern B game custom we're not allowed to agree that any
proposals have ever passed:

"A proposal passes if, and only if, it receives a majority of
affirmative votes." (Rule 32/0)

Given that each ballot has multiple proposals, I don't think a
majority of the affirmative votes have ever demonstrably been on a
single validly-distributed ballot.