Mike McGann on Tue, 27 Nov 2007 14:07:46 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] BobTHJ's Refresh Proposal

On Nov 27, 2007 3:08 AM, William P. Berard
<william.berard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Funny you should mention that, but I was just talking about this with
> 0x44 on IRC last night (well, last night GMT), he pointed out "what
> wouls be the incentive to play", but I think status, recognition and
> intellectual stimulation should be enough...

What is the incentive for a dungeon master in a game of old school
pencil-and-paper D&D game? It works there because it is not a
traditional game. You don't sit down and play for X amount of time
until a winner is declared. Nomic is similar in that aspect. Yes, here
you can "win", but that isn't the driving force of the game (well, I
don't know, other people might disagree on this one)

> I've got a couple of ideas
> for this, but I think, at any rate, this should be put to the side
> until we get out of Panic...

Yeah, this should not be considered now, it is an idea. Of course,
people might think of this as very anti-nomic as it might take away a
certain spirit of the game.

- Hose