Mike McGann on Mon, 26 Nov 2007 21:12:50 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] BobTHJ's Refresh Proposal

On Nov 26, 2007 2:57 PM, Roger Hicks <pidgepot@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> {
> All Proposals with a status of Open become Historical with a win-state
> of Lost. No awards or penalties are assessed.

Did you mean to say Pending? If so, I'm up for just throwing out every
proposal for this nweek--no Historical with win-state of Lost to
reduce paperwork.

> All Consultations which are currently Waiting become Zotted.

Just throw out as well to reduce paperwork.

> The AFO becomes a player (if it is not one already). The AFO ceases to
> be a Faction (if it is one).

Can we just throw out the AFO as a Player for now and work with it
after the restart since this was a heated debate?

> The Registrar may cause any Player who has become a player within the
> past 12 ndays to cease to be a Player with 2 Support. He must state
> the reason for such action, which must be one of the following:
> * The Player's name is ambiguous, unclear, or in conflict with the
> name of an already existing Player
> * The Registrar believes that the new Player is identical to an
> already existing Player or Faction.
> * The Player was previously denied playerhood for any valid
> still-existant reason.
> }}

I say keep the first sentence, remove the rest but keeping "He must
state the reason for such action".

> In Rule 5-2 replace:
> {{
> * The Agreement is not already a Faction
> }}
> with:
> {{
> * The Agreement is not already a Faction or Player
> }}

I'm not a fan of the Faction stuff so I won't comment on this one.

> Add the following rule to Section 1:
> {{
> Whatever is not prohibited or regulated by a rule is permitted and
> unregulated. However, for the purposes of this rule an action is
> regulated if described by a rule.
> }}

This is the flaw in the original Suber ruleset and should not be added.

- Hose