all players on Thu, 30 Nov 2006 09:22:47 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] RFC: Rule Tag

shadowfirebird@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Don't worry too much about writing it properly - if you're really
> concerned about making it sound 'right', just make it as stuffy-sounding
> as possible and post it to s-d for discussion.
> <<<<
>
> Inevetably that is exactly what will happen.  I'll post it in this
> upcoming game week.  Along with a few other weird bits - one of which
> I guarantee is too weird for anyone to vote FOR on...

Saying that guarantees someone will vote on it. Anyone remember the
Cursed Sushi of Babel? :)

> Why have a separate section? It could be something like:
> {{
> __Springboard__
> Any player who occupies this rule at the beginning of an nweek may make
> three moves instead of one this nweek, gaining two blue frogs in the
> process.
> }}
> <<<<
>
> I'm not sure how I feel about passing a rule that has no effect on the
> ruleset, only on ruletag.  But I can't see an easy way of stopping it
> - or a reason to.

Well, that's just an example. But I think a lot of the rules will
inevitably be mostly related to ruletag (until someone proposes another
subgame, at which point things get interesting as they interact...)