Jamie Dallaire on Thu, 2 Oct 2008 11:39:45 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] hostile takeovers

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 2:33 PM, Jay Campbell <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm saying that if "by purchasing a Black sock" was in there at any
> time, I became a member by virtue of already holding a black sock. The
> opposing way to read it is, "by purchasing a [new] Black sock" but
> stocks don't conventionally work that way.

 I was originally going to word it such that all holders of black socks
would automatically become members. But then I decided that that wouldn't
work, since you couldn't really force someone to become a member against
their will (i.e. you can't vote on NOT becoming a member unless you become a
member so you can vote...). So I decided to just leave the announcement
mechanism in there for that.

> Get me in the members list and I'll start changing proposals to Black.

I'm not against it. As soon as the corps issue you brought up is resolved
I'll post a motion to allow new members.

BP