Daniel Lepage on Tue, 11 Dec 2007 12:29:45 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] New Emergency Procedures

On Dec 10, 2007, at 9:21 PM, comex wrote:

> On Monday 10 December 2007, Daniel Lepage wrote:
>> In the event that the normal means of communication between players
>> are unavailable, any PEP can designate any means of communication
>> between PEPs as an Emergency Forum by making a reasonable effort to
>> alert all other PEPs of the existence of the Forum. Emergency Fora
>> count as Public Fora, but as soon as there is a valid working Public
>> Forum any PEP can annul any Emergency Forum, making it cease to be an
>> Emergency Forum.
>>

> Perhaps require that it be reasonably accessible by all PEPs?

Ok.

>> === Rule 0-5: The Emergency Coordinator ===
>>
>> When the game enters a State of Emergency, the PEP who most recently
>> held the Minister
> ry

Thanks.

>> of Ministries becomes the Emergency Coordinator
>> (EC). If this Emergency Coordinator does not exist, or it is unclear
>> which PEP it is, or if he or she does not possess the Active
>> property,
>
> I would add the bit from my proto about "it is unclear whether e
> possesses
> the Active property".  Not strictly necessary, since in that case it
> would
> be unclear which PEP it is, but it can't hurt.  I think.

Does anyone object to my using "he is Active" instead of "he possesses
the Active property"? That's why I've always hated these formal
"Attributes" and "Properties".

>> After the game enters a State of Emergency, at the first midnight UTC
>> when there is an Emergency Forum and an Emergency Coordinator, the
>> Submission phase begins. During the Submission Phase, each PEP may
>> submit a single Refresh Proposal (RP). PEPs may also modify their own
>> RPs during this time.
>
> What about retracting them?

Not really necessary - just let it fail. But I'll add it.

>> A Refresh Proposal consists of a list of changes to the game which
>> may
>> affect any aspect of the Game or the state of the Game, including,
>> but
>> not limited to: rules, scores or other player attributes, the valid
>> list of players, current holders of any Ministries, the legitimacy
>> and/
>> or actuality of any action taken in the context of the Game, etc.
>>
>> === Rule 0-7: Voting ===
>>
>> Once 5 days have elapsed from the beginning of the Submission phase,
>> the Submission phase ends, and the Voting phase begins. The EC must
>
> IMHO spelling out Emergency Coordinator is better looking.

Done.

--
Wonko