Roger Hicks on Sat, 1 Dec 2007 23:46:22 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Consultation

On Dec 1, 2007 10:30 AM, Mike McGann <mike.mcgann@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> With the proposed change in the RP, something is unregulated and
> permitted if it isn't regulated or prohibited by a rule. Posing the
> question of "is X regulated?" may not be easy to answer. If the
> argument is, "But this works in Agora", then would replacing Rule 2125
> with "Whatever is not prohibited or regulated by a rule is permitted
> and unregulated. However, for the purposes of this rule an action or
> in-game entity is regulated if described by a rule." be the same as
> Rule 2125 stands right now? I think someone should submit that as a
> Proposal over there, I'd love to read the discussion :-)

I'm not claiming my wording in the RP is the end all be all of
solutions. I recommend no one tries to exploit what they see as holes
in the permissibility system until we can all come to an agreement on
how it should read. My RP is just a first-shot attempt.

BobTHJ