Mike McGann on Wed, 28 Nov 2007 19:55:40 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Aaron C's Refresh Porposal

I can agree with that, but if it remove quorum requirement from
proposals and destroy the grenade. It was the grenade that prompted it
in the first place.

As a side note, I think many of the RPs are too complex and are trying
to fix everything before a restart. I don't think there will be enough
time to refine what is needed in a way that appeals to a majority.
There are a lot of great ideas suggested so far, and even more things
even above and beyond what has be proposed could use some tweaking.
But I don't think doing it in a monolithic proposal should be done.
Some of the clever tricks to get around this can just lead to more
problems. The worst thing is to have players contesting actions of a
refresh proposal.

I like Wooble's RP the most so far because it cleans up what caused
the problems, that is it. It doesn't contain any issues that could be
contested when implemented. Only thing is that there may be no voting
for nweek 134 since you could have at a maximum of 24 hours to get
proposals in, maybe less depending on when the emergency is over.

Creating the pseudo player of "The Nomic" is too clever. I may have
missed something in the discussion about using this trick, but
couldn't someone just change their name to "The Nomic" after the
restart and then retract those proposals?

- Hose