Geoffrey Spear on Wed, 14 Nov 2007 16:35:23 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] Proposal: Vested Interests

On Nov 14, 2007 10:21 AM, Daniel Lepage <dplepage@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> All of the old code systems broke down because they relied on a single
> person doing all the coding. I think what we need is a common body of
> code with an actual team of programmers in charge of it.

Or at the very least a code repository somewhere reliable like
Sourceforge or Google Code so if the programmer(s) disappear the code
is still available.

Nomicapolis has actually been discussing the same sorts of issues
lately, and I think it's possible a hybrid CodeNomic/normal nomic may
result where the infrastructure is built like a codenomic but the
gameplay can still be attractive to non-programmers.

On the other hand, it's also a lot more likely that player apathy will
cause us to stick with the current infrastructure with 1 admin hacking
on it a bit.
--
Geoffrey Spear
http://www.geoffreyspear.com/