Joel Uckelman on Wed, 14 Nov 2007 16:34:27 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] Proposal: Vested Interests

Thus spake "Daniel Lepage":
> On Nov 14, 2007 9:58 AM, Geoffrey Spear <geoffspear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Nov 14, 2007 9:46 AM, Daniel Lepage <dplepage@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > So yes, there's a lot of precedent for running the game through
> > > scripts, and it's definitely in the best interests of the game for
> > > somebody to write them.
> >
> > Does anyone with the power to actually install mediawiki extensions
> > still read the mailing lists/participate in the game?
>
> Well, Joel runs the server, so he has root.

What is it that needs doing?

These days, the rate at which people ask me to do things exceeds the
rate at which I can do them. Every task is finished in finite time, and
in the limit I catch up. But this also means that the delay between request
and completion goes to infinity as well... Sigh.

--
J.