Glotmorf on Sat, 24 Jul 2004 19:39:13 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Renumbering CFIs

On 24 Jul 2004 at 11:43, Daniel Lepage wrote:

> On Jul 24, 2004, at 3.05 AM, Glotmorf wrote:
>
> > While I understand individual ministers may be responsible for
> > tracking individual objects, are said objects at least going to be
> > stored in databases that can be retrieved from by relatively simple
> > scripts?
>
> I don't know... The problem with such a system is that then you need
> somebody who holds up the databases, has access privileges to the
> server, etc.; that is, you need an administrator, which is what we're
> trying to avoid.
>
> I can't see any way to both do away with the position of
> 'administrator' and still have all the benefits of having one...

Well...if game object databases could be called up in, say,
XML format, a script could treat a given website like a remote
database, at least for reading...so different lists of game
objects could be on different sites accessible by different
scripts.

Though I'll grant you that I'm not up on XML, so this may well
be going outside the definition of "relatively simple
scripts"...Anyone nerdier than I am who can answer more
completely?

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://www.nomic.net/~dwhytock/imt