Mark Karasek on Sat, 24 Jul 2004 19:58:48 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Renumbering CFIs

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 20:37:34 -0400, Glotmorf <dwhytock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well...if game object databases could be called up in, say,
XML format, a script could treat a given website like a remote
database, at least for reading...so different lists of game
objects could be on different sites accessible by different
scripts.

Though I'll grant you that I'm not up on XML, so this may well
be going outside the definition of "relatively simple
scripts"...Anyone nerdier than I am who can answer more
completely?

That should be pretty feasible. I haven't used XML much myself, but I know Perl has a plethora of modules that handle XML parsing. I'm not sure about Python (which the wiki uses), but I'd imagine it has some way of parsing XML without too much difficulty as well. We'd need to come up with a standard format for the object databases... anyone out there have some XML experience?

--The Pusher Robot