bd on 31 Jul 2003 17:20:51 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 46 BALLOT

On Wednesday 30 July 2003 10:24 pm, Glotmorf wrote:

> >rule

> >> r1592 is intended to stop the horrible sprawl of rules across the entire
> >> database that happened with the grid. If it happens with multiple
> >
> >subgames
> >
> >> the rules base will become a huge mess of rubbish that is almost
> >
> >impossible
> >
> >> to wade thru
> >>
> >> If you don't like it in its current form, modify it, don't just repeal
> >> it and leave us open to the problem
> >
> >[[How about requiring a keyword for all rules devoted soley to one
> >subgame?]]
> >
> >I replace my as-yet-unrecognized prop __More is less__ with:
> >{{
> >__More is less__
> >
> >Replace rule 1592 with:
> >{{
> >All rules devoted soley to one subgame (that is, where only that subgame
> >would
> >be directly affected by its repeal) must have as a keyword the name of the
> >subgame.
> >}}
> >}}
>
> Needs to go on spoon-business.  While you're moving it there, you may want
> to replace "soley" with "solely".
>
> Also, you (or whoever replaces the rule) might want to say precisely what a
> subgame is, so that Go doesn't potentially become a chocolate eclair.

Oops.

I replace my as-yet-unrecognized prop __More is less__ with:
{{
  __More is less__

  Replace rule 1592 with:
  {{
    __Subgame keywords__
    {* Subgames *}
    All rules devoted soley to one subgame (that is, where only that subgame
    would be directly affected by its repeal) must have as a keyword the name
    of the subgame.
  }}
}}

[[ As for the definition of a subgame, I can't think of a good one - any
suggestions? ]]
- --
bd
As long as we're going to reinvent the wheel again, we might as well try
making
it round this time.
- - Mike Dennison