Baron von Skippy on 16 Jul 2003 17:25:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Points

>I move in the Dimensions, moving 250 steps in the Score direction (that
>is, away from the 0 point, not towards it). Then I move in the
>Dimensions again, 450 units away from 0 in the Charm direction, 200
>units away from 0 in the Respect Dimension, and 20 units towards 0 in
>the BAC Dimension.
>
>As per r154.B.2. [[Dimensions/Existing Dimensions/Charm]], I win.
>
>I cite as justification r407 [[Space]] which states:
>{{
>A Space is a part of the game state in which it is possible to move in
>multiple directions. In general, a player's position in each direction
>is called a Component.
>}}
>
>Later, it states
>{{
>The two Spaces that currently exist are the Dimensions, where each
>Dimension is a Component, and the Grid, where the X and Y values are
>the two Components.
>}}
>
>The logic backing my claim runs as follows:
>
>Charm, Respect, and BAC are all Dimensions. [[r154, Dimensions]]
>The Dimensions is a Space where each Dimension is a Component. [[r407,
>Space]]
>It is possible to move within a Space in the directions indicated by
>Components. [[r407, Space]]
>
>Thus, it is possible to move in any Dimension, including Score, Charm,
>Respect, and BAC, which I have now done.

-Rule 21 states "Whenever a rule states that a player receives points, the number of points in eir possession shall be increased accordingly." No rule states that you recieved points. And no rule states that "moving in the Score dimension" and "recieving points" are the same thing, so therefore you moved, but got no points as as result. Ditto for every other dimension. So... you're now at a totally random location with nothing else changed. Interesting.-

[[BvS]]