bd on 15 Apr 2003 20:17:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Athena's Society

On Tuesday 15 April 2003 12:26 am, Daniel Lepage wrote:
> On Monday, April 14, 2003, at 10:02  PM, Baron von Skippy wrote:
> >> I change my name to Athena.
> >>
> >> Athena's Society changes its charter to read as follows:
> >>
> >> {{
> >>
> >> If Athena's Society has points or BNS greater than the number of
> >> Members it has plus one, Athena's Society transfers one of that
> >> propoerty to each of its Members that can have that property, plus
> >> one to M-Tek. Athena's Society performs Managerial Actions or changes
> >> its Charter when the Prez of M-Tek says it does.
> >>
> >> }}
> >>
> >> 						Athena (formerly Glotmorf)
> >
> > -*sighs* Let that be a lesson, kids. Don't write yourself into rules.
> > It's a bad idea.-
>
> Hmmm...
>
> I DON'T CFI this, but I would like to open it to discussion:

Hence the choice of mailing lists :) I don't know about Dave, but I sort my
mail into separate folders for each list...

> {{
> Statement: The sentence "Names given to game entities or types of game
> entities must be unique." in Rule 2 means that no entity may change eir
> name to a name ever used by another entity, regardless of whether or
> not the other entity still exists.
>
> Defendant: Glotmorf
>
> Analysis by Plaintiff:
> Regardless of whether or not an object exists any more, if it once
> existed with an official name, then that name identifies that object.
> To create another object with the same name would be to cause that name
> to no longer uniquely identify an object; such a name would thus no
> longer be unique, violating Rule 2. As it is impossible to perform any
> action that violates the rules, it is thus impossible for any entity to
> change its name to the name of any other object, extant or otherwise.
> }}
>
> Anyone have any thoughts?

Sounds logical enough (unfortunately). We might need a prop to delete AS.

- --
bd
Women are always anxious to urge bachelors to matrimony; is it from charity,
or revenge?
		-- Gustave Vapereau