Kyle H on Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:30:10 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] Russian repatriation

    We have definitely had some trouble with the word "friendly" in the
past.  In some places it seems to mean the same as "controlled by you", but
in other places it seems to mean "allied with you or controlled by you."
    Under either interpretation, though, Prussian forces are not "friendly"
to Russian forces.  Hence, they would negate your cossacks for the purposes
of cutting supply.
    Here's the flavor text:  I guess the French are smart enough to place
their depots near Prussian military bases to force those outlaw cossacks to
keep their distance.  After all, aren't cossacks invaders even when two
countries aren't at war?  If you were a Prussian garrison, wouldn't you
shoot on sight any roving band of foreign cavalry on your soil without
permission?  Especially since they are thieves.  (They aren't receiving
supply, so they must be "foraging" supplies from the local population - i.e.
stealing.)

kdh