Michael Gorman on 14 Nov 2003 17:15:30 -0000

Re: [eia] Turkish Land Phase, August 1807

Another issue that I at least see as related is whether the presence of a foreign depot would count as the presence of troops for the purposes of attacking a fleet you are not at war with. My feeling is that the presence of a Turkish depot on the Austrian fleet would allow Spain to attack that fleet without a declaration of war.

If it does not, then I'm inclined to say it should not be possible to build the depot without having a corps there at the beginning of the land phase. Otherwise I'm inclined to agree with JJ that this seems to be slipping past the normal depot rules and nothing in the terms for building a depot on a fleet implies in any way that I can see immunity from the normal depot placement rules.

Mike