Michael Gorman on 14 Nov 2003 17:14:03 -0000

Re: [eia] Turkish Land Phase, August 1807

At 02:39 PM 11/14/2003 +0000, you wrote:
I agree with JJ whole-heartedly on this issue. The fact that the designers never mentioned a restriction as simple as not placing depots on your enemy's fleets demonstrates to me fairly decisively that the designers never even considered the option of building invasion supply depots
on another power's fleets.  So my vote is an emphatic no.
In general, if there is a situation where the rules are unclear, I hope we would all try to bring up that potential rules dispute *before* it is to be exploited. I think this just makes for a smoother
game in general.  I hope everyone else agrees.

kdh

The one problem is that you have to see it as a possibly objectionable rule before someone objects. There have been plenty of arguments over what rules mean made here that I never would have thought of before someone made them.

Mike