J.J. Young on 18 Apr 2003 04:35:01 -0000

Re: [eia] political points after a battle

>          With this interpretation, I propose we strike option 12.4 as
being
> absurd.  The idea of requiring forces to take the time and money to get
out
> of a nation is a good idea, but reading it as imposing the unconditional
> access peace term on every power in a war is ludicrous.

Unless there is some interpretive literature out there on the internet which
explains this rule better, I would have to agree with Mike, as much as I'd
like to say that we are using "all" of the optional rules.  The open
interpretation of 12.4, giving full access to both sides for 6 months, can't
be the intention of the rule.  Repatriation would be better thsn this.
Would it be appropriate to check how Empires in Harm handles these
situations ?  (I know I'm always the one who suggests this, and others often
disagree about whether it is appropriate/relevant.)

-JJY