Jamie Dallaire on Tue, 27 Jan 2009 09:14:48 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Consultation 203

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 10:29 AM, James Baxter <jebaxter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> > From: bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > To: spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx
> > Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 07:11:44 -0600
> > Subject: Re: [s-d] [s-b] Consultation 203
> >
> > By that argument tweaks are not rules and therefore cannot modify them.
> >

> No, because the rules explicitly state that tweaks can modify the rules,
> they do not say this about contracts.

The thing is I read 5E57 as allowing just that kind of modification via
Contract, IF the Contract specifies that it should be so.

Rules: You can modify the game in any way allowed by the rules.
Rules: You can modify a contract by whatever mechanism is specified in the
contract.
Contract: You can modify this contract by modifying the rules in manner X.

I think that works, considering the precise wording in 5E57. "Contracts may
be modified [...] in any [...] way allowed by that Contract."

To me that sounds like the rules explicitly state that a Contract can do
whatever it says is necessary for modifying itself. So this doesn't
contravene 5E10.

BP