Tyler on Tue, 27 Jan 2009 16:39:40 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Consultation 203

I saw that too, BP, but I didn't go for it myself. (Although it does seem
rather plausible the way you put it.)

What I did go for, (or at least I'm willing to consider it possible,) was
that the wording you quoted,

> Contracts may be modified [...] in any [...] way allowed by that Contract.

seems to "specify" that the modification prerequisite is an activity that
changes the state of the game. This makes Rule 10 apply:

> A Game Action is defined as any activity specified by the Rules that
> changes the state of the game.

 And if "Game Actions occur upon reaching the appropriate fora" (Rule 10
again) then one just has to submit it and it happens.

> > The thing is I read 5E57 as allowing just that kind of modification via
> > Contract, IF the Contract specifies that it should be so.
> >
> > Rules: You can modify the game in any way allowed by the rules.
> > Rules: You can modify a contract by whatever mechanism is specified in
the
> > contract.
> > Contract: You can modify this contract by modifying the rules in manner
X.

> > I think that works, considering the precise wording in 5E57. "Contracts
may
> > be modified [...] in any [...] way allowed by that Contract."
> >
> > To me that sounds like the rules explicitly state that a Contract can do
> > whatever it says is necessary for modifying itself. So this doesn't
> > contravene 5E10.
> >
> > BP

  -Tyler