teucer on Tue, 20 Jan 2009 19:41:24 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] !! ocb is still broken

On 1/20/09, Jamie Dallaire <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 9:03 PM, Jamie Dallaire
> <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 2:10 PM, Elliott Hird <
>> penguinofthegods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>> On 20 Jan 2009, at 18:54, Jamie Dallaire wrote:
>>>
>>>  Why? I'm sure we've been through this but e's been broken in so many
>>> ways
>>>>

>>> its declaration of external forcism doesn't cede precedence so the ocb is
>>> not a player
>>

>> Oh yeaaaahhh. Quite right.
>>

> Hmmmmmmmm. Although.... It's neither an Outsider or a Player, but:
>
> Does that actually prevent the Beast from performing Game Actions? I'm not
> sure it does... Game Actions aren't necessarily limited to being performed
> by these entities. They can also just happen (e.g. clock changes).

No, I believe not. It just isn't a player. There are a few specific
things that are limited to Legal Entities, which I don't think the OCB
is (like owning mackerel and voting). But Game Actions generally are
not player-only or legal-entity-only.

> Note that the above point is completely irrelevant to current gamestate,
> however. As a non-Player. the Beast cannot own currency. Therefore, Build
> Jackpot (the only trick it tried to do this whole time) failed miserably.

Yes.