Jay Campbell on Sun, 4 Jan 2009 17:03:55 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Contract: Protect MoM

a) Is there any other non-spoon forum that could be used reliably that
doesn't involve IRC? The only reason I'm suggesting it is because while IRC
is read accessible, it is a pain to sift through, and you can't package a
nice RP together (eg) like you could in an email, or see messages without
sifting through tonnes of irrelevant garbage.

The google group would be OK if a sufficient number of sane folk were given management access. In this case the most veteran players were in on the scam, so the manager group would have to larger than (for instance) the number of PEPs required for the emergency.

b) Perhaps anyone who currently holds the MoM should be either prevented
from leaving the contract, or forced to announce eir intention to do so with
a long enough delay that they can be impeached before leaving? (Of course
that has to be balanced against the potential for a dislike MoM who hasn't
done anything wrong to be forced into forfeiting... They need a legitimate
escape clause).

The time-before-escape could be raised, but yeah, not getting enslaved is the overriding priority.

c) The part about five players "indicating that it is their opinion". Can
they revise their opinion, or do I accidentally become obliged to forfeit if
3 players indicated their opinion when I was MoM 3 months ago, and 3
different ones do so now?

Good point. Is "in the same nweek" enough?