Jay Campbell on Fri, 26 Dec 2008 11:39:05 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Scam theft

Flawless victory. But now we have TWO dictators.

Alex Smith wrote:
[Note: This quite possibly doesn't work. I'm sure ehird's dictatorship
failed, this might succeed (at least it doesn't fail due to not being
specified in the rules).]

I create a rule whose text reads, in its entirety, "The player named
ais523 may change the gamestate in any way, at any time."

Unlike ehird's failed dictatorship (see ##nomic), this /is/ an action
"specified by the rules" and thus a Game Action.

I win by Dictatorship.

I append to rule 5e10 "Note that as specific exceptions to this rule,
other rules may specify other ways in which the gamestate may be
changed; and Game Actions do not take effect unless either at least one
other rule defines the action in question as a game action, or else the
Game Action would take effect if this rule did not exist. Also, this
rule explicitly defers to rule 5e0, and whenever this rule contradicts
rule 5e0 this rule takes precedence." [This should hopefully fix the
loophole; more important, I'm trying to make sure it doesn't leave B in
an unchangeable state.]