Jamie Dallaire on Sun, 14 Dec 2008 19:11:41 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Impeachment and Recall

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 5:18 PM, Warrigal
<ihope127+w@xxxxxxxxx<ihope127%2Bw@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 5:15 PM, Elliott Hird
> <penguinofthegods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 14 Dec 2008, at 22:12, Warrigal wrote:
> >> If we repealed dependent actions, things like "without Objection"
> >> would be ambiguous, as the time window for activation wouldn't be
> >> specified anywhere. Therefore, repealing dependent actions is worse
> >> than saying "with more Supporters than Objections".
> >
> > so what's the timeout for this thing?
>
> The timeout for every dependent action is 2 to 4 ndays or, in special
> cases, 3 to 5 rdays. There's no reason "with more Supporters than
> Objections" would be different.

Yep, that's the default timeout. That said I wasn't sure that with more
supporters than objections would actually work, given how the dependent
actions rule is phrased. I'll revise my proposal later to actually add a
provision to support/objections to allow that kind of language.

BP