Roger Hicks on Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:17:29 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Use Sequential Rule Numbers

On Dec 17, 2007 10:02 AM, Daniel Lepage <dplepage@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A) Why can't this be specified in the proposal body?

It could. It just seemed to me it would be better to have a rule
perform the function rather than having a proposal floating around
making changes to the gamestate long after it was adopted.

> B) What about rules that refer to other rules by number? For example,
> r3-13.

That was included in my first draft until someone pointed out that
3-13 is the only rule that refers to another rule by number. I don't
see the harm in leaving it unchanged.

> C) Does this also empower the Rulekeeper to reorder the rules within a
> section?

I didn't specifically address that, but I think it is implied by
allowing the Rulekeeper to add/remove rules from sections.

BobTHJ