Peter Cooper Jr. on Wed, 24 Jan 2007 19:04:11 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] proposal parser

shadowfirebird@xxxxxxxxx writes:
> Good point but see also rule 2-2: "Any player may submit a proposal at
> any time, or may revise a Pending proposal e owns by resubmitting it"
> - resubmitting the proposal means submitting it again, IOW making the
> same game action e made when he originally submitted it.    A minor
> conflict, I admit.  Normally it's clear by context, and that seems to
> be good enough for Peter, who actually has to *deal* with it...

I think I see your point better now, but if it's the same exact action
as is being done in the first place, it seems really weird that it's
handled differently... If that makes any sense. That is, if it's
resubmitting it just like it was originally submitted, why doesn't the
resubmission get its stats reset and a new proposal number (via the
third paragraph in "Submission and Revision" in r2-2)?

I think that our rules might not be clear enough (*gasp*).

--
Peter C.