Daniel Lepage on Mon, 22 Jan 2007 06:38:08 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] 115.9 Administrator's Update; Voting Starts

On Jan 22, 2007, at 5:44 AM, Antonio Dolcetta wrote:

> bd wrote:
>>>>
>>> I'd still like post on the list to be a requirement, otherwise
>>> people
>>> might silently change the proposal subtly...
>>> Even just something basic, like "i just amended my prop on the wiki,
>>> go and have a look" would be fine
>>
>> A bot or something might be a good idea. Inform people each nday (on
>> s-n?) which props have been changed, then lock them all before
>> voting...
>> Though this isn't really suited for mediawiki's model; perhaps
>> putting
>> props on some different webapp would be best?
>>

> I just started writing a proposal manager, the idea is you send your
> proposal to an email address, it gets parsed and sent to the list, and
> also inserted/updated on the wiki
> If it works we could also use it for votes etc.
> Unfortunatley I am still without a web enabled platform i can call my
> own right now, but that should change in the next few weeks.

Doesn't that have some security problems? As in, how do you stop
players from posing as other players? Also, what sort of syntax will
this use?

FWIW, I still have the proposal scripts from an earlier age when it
was done through a webform built into MoinMoin.

--
Wonko