shadowfirebird on Mon, 15 Jan 2007 08:08:00 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Currency

> Of course, I'm just objecting to the "each rule defining a new currency
> will also define an attribute" wording, this way, they have to be in the
> same rule.
>
> Suppose i wanted 2 rules one that defines the attribute, and another
> that declares the attribute to be a currency.

Fair enough.  I'll see what I can do.

> > No, look at the third paragraph:
> > A COO can give currency to another COO by a game action, as follows:
> > ey specifies an amount (which cannot be greater than the value of eir
> > currency attribute) and a currency; eir currency attribute for that
> > currency goes down by the amount; the recieving COO's currency
> > attribute for that currency goes up by the amount.
> > <<<<
>
> yes, but it doesn't say that to give away x i have to have at least x,
> it says I just need at least 1

Paragraph 3 does not mention 1.   It says you pick an *amount* and you
lose that *amount* and the other COO gains that *amount*.

Paragraph 4 is just there to stop the amount being negative or more
than you have.

> nah, i would exchange a zillion points, and end with five zillion
> elephants and 0 points

You couldn't unless you had a zillion points.  "The player declares
how many points ey wishes to exchange (which cannot be less than 0 *or
more points than ey has*)

> mackerels, cherries, baobab, yogurt, zebras, pretty shells, and of
> course, zorkmids.

Zorkmids has been done, obviously.  Although I did toy with the idea
of using Triganic Pu...

I like mackerels.  Very funny fish, the mackerel.  Unless someone has
a problem with "m50" (in writing, here!) then mackerels it is.