Antonio Dolcetta on Mon, 15 Jan 2007 05:53:38 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Currency

shadowfirebird@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Which annoying drawback is that?
>
> Presumably you would agree that all the COOs need to store how much of
> a given currency they have, and that all COOs should do it in the same
> way?

Of course, I'm just objecting to the "each rule defining a new currency
will also define an attribute" wording, this way, they have to be in the
same rule.

Suppose i wanted 2 rules one that defines the attribute, and another
that declares the attribute to be a currency.

>>> If the COO has a non-positive currency attribute for a given currency,
>>> then he cannot give that currency to another COO.  If for any reason
>>> the receiving COOs currency attribute cannot go up, or the giving COOs
>>> currency attribute cannot go down, then nothing happens.
>> so as long as i have at least one elephant i can pay someone a arbitrary
>> number of elephants ?
>
> No, look at the third paragraph:
> A COO can give currency to another COO by a game action, as follows:
> ey specifies an amount (which cannot be greater than the value of eir
> currency attribute) and a currency; eir currency attribute for that
> currency goes down by the amount; the recieving COO's currency
> attribute for that currency goes up by the amount.
> <<<<

yes, but it doesn't say that to give away x i have to have at least x,
it says I just need at least 1

>>> Players can, via game action, exchange points for currency.  The rule
>>> defining the currency will set the exchange rate.  The player declares
>>> how many points ey wishes to exchange (which cannot be less than 0 or
>>> more points than ey has) and the currency ey wishes to recieve.  Ey
>>> loses that many points and gains (exchange rate x points) in the
>>> currency.  If for any reason the amount of eir points cannot go down
>>> or the amount of eir elephants cannot go up, then nothing happens.
>> same thing as before
>
> Which same thing?  Give a point and gain as many elephants as ey
> likes?  Not so.  "Ey loses that many points and gains (exchange rate x
> points)".

nah, i would exchange a zillion points, and end with five zillion
elephants and 0 points

> Suggestions for funny currency names not starting with e please, everyone...?

mackerels, cherries, baobab, yogurt, zebras, pretty shells, and of
course, zorkmids.