Antonio Dolcetta on Mon, 15 Jan 2007 04:48:55 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Currency

shadowfirebird@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Each rule defining a new currency will also define an attribute the
> scope of which is all COOs.  The value of this attribute shows how
> much of that currency the COO has.

what if we want to use points as a currency ?
this also has the same annoying drawback of the posts rule that forces
one to declare the censure, powers etc in the same rule that defines the
post.

> If the COO has a non-positive currency attribute for a given currency,
> then he cannot give that currency to another COO.  If for any reason
> the receiving COOs currency attribute cannot go up, or the giving COOs
> currency attribute cannot go down, then nothing happens.

so as long as i have at least one elephant i can pay someone a arbitrary
number of elephants ?

> Players can, via game action, exchange points for currency.  The rule
> defining the currency will set the exchange rate.  The player declares
> how many points ey wishes to exchange (which cannot be less than 0 or
> more points than ey has) and the currency ey wishes to recieve.  Ey
> loses that many points and gains (exchange rate x points) in the
> currency.  If for any reason the amount of eir points cannot go down
> or the amount of eir elephants cannot go up, then nothing happens.

same thing as before

> The default currency of this game is elephants.  This can be shortened
> to a lowercase e. [[See below.]]

i dont like e, e50 looks like 10 at the 50th power to me