Peter Cooper Jr. on Fri, 8 Dec 2006 18:36:35 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] AMEND PROPOSAL: The Rules Rule

"Chuck Adams" <cja987@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> A proposal to amend The Clock to
> automatically stop at the end of the nweek should be pretty
> straightforward though, since I think it's a good idea in general.

We've done that in the past, and it is probably a good plan. However,
I suspect usually I know if I might not have enough time to update
everything, but I probably will have enough time to send a message
stopping the clock if needed. And even if I don't right away, I can
always stop the clock later to make up for the lost time.

> That or the clock script could simply state that it's an unofficial
> estimate?

Everything on the web site is an unofficial estimate.

The rules don't talk about the web site. At all. It's just a
convenient method for me to fulfill me r1-5 duty to inform players
about the current state of the game. But if something on there is
wrong, it's just wrong and the actual gamestate differs from what is
posted on there. Hopefully, we notice this in time before too much
chaos ensues.

Anyone for bringing back the Statute of Limitations?

--
Peter C.