Chuck Adams on Fri, 8 Dec 2006 14:48:59 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] AMEND PROPOSAL: The Rules Rule

On 12/8/06, comex <comexk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm pretty sure the auto-off part has dubious standing already, not in its
> legality (it's not against the rules to make claims about the gamestate) but
> in its accuracy.  I can edit the wiki too, and set the clock off with just as
> much authority as that script, but that doesn't make it true.

Indeed, though if it's with the tacit permission of the Administrator,
I'm not going to demand it be stopped.  Maybe I'll propose something
next nweek that makes the timer script official by allowing the
Administrator to delegate eir authority with respect to The Clock.

My revised proposal is actually pretty compatible now with the
Monopoly/Legal proposals, and it should make sense to vote for both.
Should I get rid of the word 'explicitly' in the text so that The
Clock can get a loophole by way of declaring its automatic actions?
"Explicitly" and "Expressly" are a couple words I use a bit too much,
perhaps (as well as "perhaps" in discussion (as well as parenthesized
asides (somebody stop me!)))