Antonio Dolcetta on Wed, 6 Dec 2006 11:51:57 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] the automatic clock

On 6 Dec 2006, at 17:04, Antonio wrote:

> hi
>
> I have tried adding a clock to the main page of the wiki
> there's a bot on my own server that updates the page http://
> b.nomic.net/wiki/index.php/Clock_automatic
> it simply updates the nday and nweek every midnight.
> if it finds the clock to be off, it updates the ndelay instead.
> on nday = 12 it sets the clock to off. (this is thecknically
> against the rules i suppose, I just added it so that the
> administrator has time to update rules etc.)
>

> manual intervention is required to set the clock on/off (except at
> the end of the nweek, where it goes off by itself)
> to do that (and to adjust the clock should the bot go crazy or
> something) simply edit the clock_automatic page manually

Sorry for replying to myself, but I missed some information:

source code for the bot is available (unless you want to flame me for
it's fragility) at http://gelo.dolcetta.net/software/timebot.pl

it containes the plaintext password for the nomicbot-b wiki user.