Jake Eakle on Thu, 30 Nov 2006 10:19:50 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Posts (like Ministers); draft rule, shoot it down now, please.

>> If the admin holds a post, e may choose to hold an election.  If e
>> does so e may also choose to suspend all rules that refer to the post
>> until such time as it is held by someone other than emself. This must
>> be done by notification to the public forum, clearly stating which
>> rules are suspended.

I'm not sure suspending rules is a good idea. What if you are on a suspended
rule in rule tag? What if the rule has other, unrelated effects? What if the
rule refers to time in a continuous manner? I think it would be better for
initial elections to establish an order of succession that includes all
players who nominated emselves and ends in the Admin, so that transitions
are smooth no matter what. If it does end up with the Admin, e will just
have to maintain that post for a while until an election comes along, I
guess.