Peter Cooper Jr. on Tue, 21 Nov 2006 19:20:32 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Why no mutable/immutable?

"Andy Jones" <shadowfirebird@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I thought that it might be something like that.
>
> Your test case still requires a majority to vote for a proposal which
> then casts votes for them.  I for one would be very suspicious of such
> a proposal.

Perhaps. But in any event, it means that a majority can change a rule
that states it can only be changed unanimously, which makes the
sentence rather pointless.

> And in any case the current ruleset states only that players may
> submit proposals.

The rules define proposals, and only gives the method of creation of a
player submitting one. But that doesn't prohibit anything else from
creating a proposal. And since a proposal is just a list of changes to
the game that occur upon passage, creating a proposal is certainly a
change to the game that it could do.

> I guess the only way to find out for sure is to try it.  I'll think
> about that.

Sure. Please, don't let this discourage you from submitting proposals
to try to make parts of the rules less changeable. Just don't be too
surprised if they end up having little effect.

--
Peter C.