Peter Cooper Jr. on Wed, 25 Jan 2006 06:20:16 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] Re: An oddity surfaces.

Antonio Dolcetta wrote:
> I think that we need to make it so that the true state of the room is
> not changed, but lives on "underneath" the artifact's effects, artifacts
> then get ther effects applied in the order they were activated.
>
> do you think that would work ?

Well, we'd need to do it kind of like Magic: the Gathering (and I presume
other games as well, it's just that Magic is the only one I know the rules
enough for), where the effect of a resolving activated or triggered
ability gets a timestamp at the time it resolves, and the effect of a
static ability ability gets a timestamp at the time the object it's on was
created. Note that this creates a concept of "effects", which don't really
have a good definition in our game yet. I'll put something together
tonight when I get hope from work, but you're welcome to try putting
something together yourself.

--
Peter C.