Mark Walsh on Tue, 24 Jan 2006 11:03:19 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] An oddity surfaces.

While working on an Excel Macro to automate Lit/Dark
status of Rooms and periodic Calm penalties, I stumbled
over this:
A Lit Torch and a Kirchoff's Radiation Dampener have
effects (abilities) which are opposite. Rule 2-2 doesn't
seem to have a specific bullet defining which of these
Talismans would have precedence should they both
be used in the same room.
The Lit Torch has Static Effects, and the Kirchoffs' are
Activated.
The second bullet does have permit vs. prohibit form,
and Rule 10-1 says a Room is Lit if not otherwise defined.
I guess one could argue that the default state is Lit by
10-1.
But then flipping a switch in the Basement comes in. By
'definition' the effects of that action reverse the Lit/Dark
state of a Room.

Opinions?

Triller