Mark Walsh on Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:52:43 -0600 (CST)

RE: [s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] Triller submits p304

On: 12/12/05 10:57:34 AM Wonko sent:
> Subject: [s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] Triller submits p304
>

> On Dec 12, 2005, at 12:48 PM, automailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > Triller has submitted a new Motion, p304.
> >
> > ---------------------------------
> > Motion 304/0: Require Immediate Puzzle Pod Location Execution
> > A Proposal by Triller
> > Last modified on nweek 102, nday 3
> >
> > [[ RIPPLE ]]
> > [[
> > At present, a Player who picks up a Puzzle Pod gets a
> > minimum of 24 hours notice that they're about to be
> > whacked for holding it. This is also a disadvantage to
> > a player who would use a Puzzling Contraption to
> > move about because another Player could move a
> > targeted Puzzle Pod anywhere during the nday delay.
> > ]]
> >
> > In the effects field of Puzzling Contraption,
> > Change the clause:
> > {{
> > One nday after
> > }}
> > to:
> > {{
> > At the end of the nday
> > }}
>
> If you do that, then you can use a Contraption at 23:59:00 UTC and the
> player holding the pod gets no time to get rid of it. The extra nday is
> there to prevent that; if you're going to remove that nday, you might
> as well remove the delay entirely and let it be instantaneous.
>
> Perhaps instead it should take an extra movement point to move to
> another room while carrying a Puzzle Pod that's been targeted by a
> Contraption?
>
> --
> Wonko

Well, that was my intent. If you're going to tamper with a Puzzle Pod
that you didn't create, you should be prepared to suffer the resultant
penalty for doing so if you're caught off guard. This even extends to
picking up Puzzle Pods you DID create, because the Puzzling
Contraption doesn't make a distinction regarding the creator of
given Puzzle Pods. It states simply "Choose a Puzzle Pod."
At present, comex is in the Closet and in possession of the Puzzle
Pod I created. He's safe for the moment. I feel that using the
Puzzling Contraption (and garnering the Stats that allow you to
do so) should provide an advantage rather than a risk. As always,
timing can be everything.
I like the concept of a deadline for acting, but will mull your advice
and possibly offer amendment.

Triller