Daniel Lepage on Fri, 20 May 2005 21:29:23 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] EugeneMeidinger amends p88

On May 20, 2005, at 4.44 PM, Alex Truelsen wrote:

<snippity>

I don't remember if "em" is the Spivak pronoun that doesn't exist or
that I
always used wrong. Either way, "All of eir cards in the battle are
returned
to eir deck" would be an easier way to say this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spivak_pronoun
em means them,him,her

So it was the one I never used right, then. I knew it was one of those...

The one that doesn't exist is "ey". If you ever feel like using "ey", you probably mean "e".

<ker-snip>

Hey, it's your idea. You propose it. I've got plenty of ideas to suck up my proposals as is, and I'd love to see other people make props about the Grid. Now, what if these wrecks were part of a larger category of Grid Objects - wrecks and ruins? Whenever something is destroyed, there's a chance it will
leave remnants on the Grid that can either be mined for resources or
repaired and used again. Depending on what the object is, the chance that it will leave a wreck changes - Scout-class speeders generally get blown to
little pieces and aren't seen again, but Forts almost always leave some
ruins, because they're so large. That's basically what you're saying, but expanding the idea so that it can be used with more stuff, which is key - I
think the old Grid died because it had too many specialty parts and it
didn't all interact very well.

The old Grid died primarily because we couldn't get anyone to keep it up-to-date. How do you plan to keep track of all this?

--
Wonko

This is patently absurd; but whoever wishes to become a philosopher must learn not to be frightened by absurdities.
     -Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)