Daniel Lepage on Wed, 4 May 2005 16:40:45 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] Wonko submits p54

On May 4, 2005, at 3.48 PM, Alex Truelsen wrote:

On 5/4/05, eugman@xxxxxxxxxxx <eugman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I like this much better than soul pennies. I also like the idea of
collecting a series of crazy items to make some super talismans . Some other concerns about the soul system. Right now there is no advantage to having the soul of an active player but this is a minor concern. There is also the fact that if I have 100A I could gobble up most of the souls by binding them to talismans. Perhaps there Should be a limit on talismans you can hold to say 5? So then the max amount of could a person could make unclaimable is
13.

I see no reason this and SP shouldn't be completely compatible - all this says is that when you pay for a Talisman, it takes a while for it to form. SP are just another way of paying for Talismans. One suggestion, Wonko, is that you make it "first and sixth days" of each nweek, not first and fifth.

As for limiting Talismans... for one thing, SP would limit the number of Souls you could claim in the first place, and the number of players right now makes it very hard to make 13 Souls unclaimable - if everyone who voted last nweek made one 2-Soul Talisman and claimed two more Souls, that would
eat up 36 of the 40-something Lost Souls we have. Supplies are a little
limited, which is why I want to introduce more ways to get SP (assuming that
that proposal passes).

I was not thinking of my prop as an alternative to SP; they work well together or separately.

"First and fifth" might not quite make sense, but only because I'm out of props so I have to wait 'til next nweek to propose an 8-day nweek.

--
Wonko

"How can you govern a country which has 246 varieties of cheese?"
	-Charles De Gaulle