David E. Smith on Mon, 4 Apr 2005 21:21:43 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] Re: State of Extreme Emergency

Daniel Lepage wrote:

Mostly we moved because we couldn't resist the chance to have "www.bnomic.org" as our homepage. But I'm fine anywhere.

bnomic.org can be hosted just about anywhere. I'll gladly work with Joel to hash out the technical details.

Google's cached ruleset seems to be the most recent version, which is pretty awesome; I saved the html and can put it up on my nomic.net account if Dave can't save the database.

Somehow, these things were in fact saved. I just sent Joel a database dump, and a complete copy of the /home/bnomic home directory.

The machine will probably be fully operational again in a day or three. I had to kick the boot loader around, and persuade Linux to go ahead and use the Ethernet port that it keeps reporting as non-functional. (I don't trust it very much at this point and have ordered a new one.)

You'll have to sort out the fluffy bunnies on your own, sorry, as it's likely Joel and I will be able to more-or-less successfully get the site restored and moved after all.

dave