Daniel Lepage on Mon, 4 Apr 2005 19:26:45 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] Re: State of Extreme Emergency

On Apr 4, 2005, at 10.54 AM, Joel Uckelman wrote:

Thus spake pete+bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:

When I get home this evening (I'm currently at work), I can see if I
have a copy of the rules in my cache or something. I could also
volunteer space off of cooperjr.name, which is my home broadband
connection & computer, but that's probably not the best place for it,
at least not permanently. If we can use nomic.net space, that's fine
with me.

I never did exactly understand why you guys moved everything off of
nomic.net.
You're welcome to come back. Your data is safer here, since nomic.net is
RAIDed and backs up to another machine nightly.

Mostly we moved because we couldn't resist the chance to have "www.bnomic.org" as our homepage. But I'm fine anywhere.

Google's cached ruleset seems to be the most recent version, which is pretty awesome; I saved the html and can put it up on my nomic.net account if Dave can't save the database.

I still have the old wiki running at <http://www.nomic.net/~wonko>, which is my nomic.net account; there's also ~g6 which was the original B Nomic page but I don't have the passwords for that, nor do I know if it was actually a B Nomic only account or if it was Dave's personal space for doing things.

Ironically enough, the old wiki is actually running a slightly newer version of the wiki software, because I haven't yet figured out how to make the Clock scripts work with the newer version (they changed the way pages are stored so I can't edit them directly anymore).

The most important wiki pages are backed up because we tend to post their contents a lot (cards, PGo, the Arena, etc.); the Roster and the Gardens are the only ones I can think of that might be slightly harder to repair. But then again, if just reset the states of those it also solves the Fluffy Bunny infestation :)

--
Wonko

"What is improbable is extremely probable."
   - Aristotle