Glotmorf on Sat, 10 Jul 2004 23:28:51 -0500 (CDT)

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Whoops.

On 11 Jul 2004 at 0:17, athena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 11:16:46PM -0400, Phil Ulrich wrote:
> > Bugger it, I'm doing it anyway; if it doesn't work, so be it.  I
> > submit the following CFJ:
>
> I randomly assign that CFJ (nonsensically numbered -0) to Araltaln and
> -3 to Wonko. We're still awaiting judgment on the [irrelevant] CFJ -1,
> assigned to Teucer.
>
> I add the comment that a previous version of r0 actually used
> "Administrator" for "Emergency Coordinator", if my memory serves me,
> so it's likely that the intent was indeed as described in the CFJ.
>
> The Pause is now at 1.

The intent of r0 was to act independently of the entire rest
of the ruleset, if necessary.  The previous version of r0 that
referenced an Administrator started out by saying that, as
part of the Procedure, "an Administrator is determined."  That
sentence, plus the reference at the beginning of r0 that says
a missing Administrator is a possible emergency condition,
should indicate that the intent was to figure out at that time
who is or should be the Administrator, which may or may not be
Dave.

So...exactly why was this changed?

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://www.nomic.net/~dwhytock/imt