Glotmorf on Sat, 10 Jul 2004 23:15:46 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Emergency stuff

On 10 Jul 2004 at 22:45, Daniel Lepage wrote:

> On Jul 10, 2004, at 2.24 AM, Araltaln wrote:
>
> > Any of us can be the Emergency Co-Ordinator--the Administrator, as
> > far as I can tell, is still the Administrator, and rule 0 tells each
> > of them to do various things (including, importantly, telling the
> > Administrator to implement the chosen refresh proposal). This isn't
> > to say a sufficiently clever refresh proposal couldn't fix that
> > easily enough ("The Emergency Co-Ordinator shall be required to
> > implement the following:"), though.
>
> Whoops. Can anyone think of a way to revert r0 to its previous
> revision? This one seems to depend on the existence of an
> administrator independently of the Emergency Co-Ordinator...
>
> I'm not convinced that any sufficiently clever prop could do this - it
> looks like the proposals have no effect until Dave makes them have an
> effect.
>
> We may need that deputizing after all...
>
> Of course, if the proposal calls for sweeping changes that can be done
> without Dave, we can do them ourselves and give em the credit, on the
> grounds that 'implementing a prop' and 'making sure it gets
> implemented' are basically the same thing.
>
> By the way, I've almost got something worked out to automate proposals
> - we can submit them via a form on the wiki, and they'll show up as
> simple wikipages for us to edit. More on that soon.

Actually, it looks like the last revision to r0 was not in
fact implemented.  According to the revision history at the
bottom of r0, the most recent change was by the refresh prop
1753, which includes, among other things, replacing
"Administrator" with "Emergency Co-Ordinator" in step 6.  This
looks like one of those instances in which the stated rules
aren't truly indicative of the game state.

						Glotmorf
-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://www.nomic.net/~dwhytock/imt