Daniel Lepage on Sun, 11 Jul 2004 13:30:03 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Whoops.

On Jul 11, 2004, at 12.34 AM, Glotmorf wrote:

The intent of r0 was to act independently of the entire rest
of the ruleset, if necessary.  The previous version of r0 that
referenced an Administrator started out by saying that, as
part of the Procedure, "an Administrator is determined."  That
sentence, plus the reference at the beginning of r0 that says
a missing Administrator is a possible emergency condition,
should indicate that the intent was to figure out at that time
who is or should be the Administrator, which may or may not be
Dave.

So...exactly why was this changed?

The original rule seemed to assume that if we already had an admin, we'd have em be the Admin under r0 as well. During the last emergency, though, I became the emergency admin, because Dave was busy with other things. After the SOE ended, we realized that we weren't sure what happened now... was I the overall admin, having become so according to r0? Was Dave still the admin, since the rules state that e is? Were we both considered to be 'the admin'?

To clear this up, somebody proposed to replace 'administrator' with 'emergency-coordinator' in r0; as far as I can tell, the problem with r0 is that they missed an occurrence of 'administrator'.

--
Wonko